The Obůrka nature reserve was founded in 1817 and is located next to the Bechyně castle in a bend of the Lužnice river, which forms its natural border together with the river Smutná from two thirds of its circumference.
Bechyně Castle is about 200 meters away from the nature reserve as the crow flies. And yet, in its character, it is a corner of the wilderness, in which there are deep valleys, ravines, old solitary trees and springs. Overall, due to its position, it is well situated in the countryside.
There are clearly visible elements of history, such as the original hayloft and the old game house, which today serves as a stylish accommodation for hunters in the middle of the area. Countless covered observatories and pulpits can be found here.
The forest cover creates a mosaic of oak or beech groves, solitary trees and alternating meadows. At the same time, the nature reserve is much rejuvenated and contains many hedges with beech and oak thickets. These fences then serve as game drives.
European fallow deer and mouflon are historically bred in the reserve in the number of around one hundred. The game is naturally shy, which every hunter will appreciate. The strongest trophy for fallow deer was 227 CIC points and for mouflon 222 CIC points.